Fresh-cut flowers can brighten up any room, but they can also be a bit tricky to keep looking their best. At Yoake Florist Studio, we want your flowers to last as long as possible, so we've compiled a list of tips to help you keep your fresh-cut flowers looking beautiful for longer.
1. Cut the stems: When you receive your flowers, the first thing you should do is cut the stems at a 45-degree angle. This will create a larger surface area for the flowers to absorb water and nutrients.
2. Remove any leaves: Make sure to remove any leaves that will be submerged in water. Leaves that are left in the water will start to decompose and can cause bacteria to grow, which can shorten the life of your flowers.
3. Use a clean vase: Before putting your flowers in a vase, make sure it is clean. Bacteria can grow in dirty vases, which can cause your flowers to wilt faster. Wash the vase with hot water and soap or use a mixture of one part bleach to ten parts water.
4. Add flower food: Flower food contains nutrients and chemicals that can help extend the life of your flowers. Be sure to follow the instructions on the packet for the right amount of flower food to add.
5. Change the water: Change the water in the vase every two to three days. Make sure to cut the stems again when changing the water.
6. Keep the flowers cool: Flowers last longer in cooler temperatures. Keep them away from direct sunlight, heat sources, and drafts.
In conclusion, with a little care and attention, you can keep your fresh-cut flowers looking beautiful for longer. By cutting the stems, removing leaves, using a clean vase, adding flower food, changing the water, keeping the flowers cool, rehydrating wilted flowers, and misting the flowers, you can enjoy your flowers for days longer. At Yoake Florist Studio, we want your flowers to look their best for as long as possible, so feel free to contact us for more tips and advice on how to care for your fresh-cut flowers.